Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

PERSONAL STUFF, BUT WHAT THE HELL, I'M ONE-THIRD OF THIS BABY

I wrapped up MAN OF LA MANCHA. It was a helluva tough play to produce, but the results were well worth it. It was genuinely heartening to see a group of cynical teenagers buy into the idea of our heroic potential.

I took a lot of pride in the show. Anyone who knows me will know how important I find its ideas. I even designed the set. The show took about every ounce of my energy, but to see kids crying about having to say goodbye to Don Quixote and Sancho... well, no one wants to see a kid cry, but if they're gonna cry, let it be over this.

I enclose the following picture of me on the set I designed. I think it says it all.

Comments:
Congratulations, impossible dreamer! I wish I had seen it--I've never seen a stage performance, nor have I watched the Peter the Tool movie all the way through. I'm assuming it ends with Quixote kicking everyone's ass, rescuing his twin Cervantes from the prison, getting some sweetness offa Dulcinea, and going on to rule Spain. That's how it ends, right? Right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?