Thursday, May 24, 2007

 
ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING!

Last night at dinner with La Gringa, Cosmogirl, and Hikender*, I brought up the subject of using "-gasm" as a suffix, to indicate... a moment of exuberance relating to the modified word. I believe this started with "foodgasm," the sensation that follows a great meal. I asked if "-gasm" would work with pretty much any word, and "workgasm" was submitted as clear proof that it doesn't, though Hikender suggested that a workgasm was the relief that follows the completion of an onerous, time-consuming project--he was looking forward to such a happy ending at his own job. Gringa submitted a negative example that proved the limits of this newly-christened suffix: Cheneygasm.

*I've used their noms de blog to protect them from google-happy co-workers.

Comments:
I think I just had a bloggasm...
 
Thank you for your commentgasm. Please accept our gratitudegasm.
 
You're welcomegasm.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?