Sunday, November 11, 2007

 
TOUGH CROWD

This past month has been a big one for developmental milestones in the Master Blaster household. Remember how I said that the kid had two modes, staring into space and fussing because he wasn't comfortable? He shot past two modes and is now enthusiastically embracing human complexity, jumping from amused, expectant, restless, dissatisfied, ecstatic, sluggish, startled, observant, and many other moods, all in the space of a few minutes. He's getting better with manipulating things, and keeps his fingers in working order by alternately having one hand touch and pull at the other, in the universal gesture for 'crafty.' He's developed an appreciation for books, and even though he clearly can't understand what we're doing when we read to him, he patiently gives each page his full attention, as if he knows that it'll all soon make sense. And he still lets rip with farts that would stun a bull rhinoceros.

My frequent attempts to amuse him can take simple forms. The other day, I had him in stitches just by sticking my tongue out. The next day, that wasn't flying; but I still got a look of adoration from him for making a noise like a motorboat. But I gotta work on my schtick; the motorboat noise will only work for so long.

Comments:
Yes, but does he still look like Fred Thompson?
 
I've tried making motorboat sounds at the Roomba, but it ignores me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?