Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 
LG BH200 Super Blu Blu-Ray HD DVD Combo Player

I've just bought the above and have been very pleased. Not only does it play DVD's, Blu-Ray discs, and HD DVD's beautifully, it also plays jpeg discs with stunning clarity.

I almost went with just a Blu-Ray player, but saw this one at Best Buy for a couple hundred more and made the plunge. It's suited for 1080 screens and uses HDMI 1.3 cables. I have a tube-projection HDTV (both the cheapest and best type on the market) and am stunned at the picture quality.

Now that the format war is over, this opens up two avenues of opportunity. The first is that we can securely buy Blu-Ray discs without any fear of them becoming obsolete any time soon. Secondly, people will start getting rid of perfectly good HD-DVD software like the discs are on fire. Both Amazon and Best Buy have slashed prices by 30% and I predict this will go down even more. Also, my neighborhood used book/media store is getting flooded with cheap HD-DVD's. I'm not *replacing* any of my DVD's with HD-DVD's, and I'll always choose Blu-Ray over HD-DVD. But a player like this opens up a ton of options in the wake of Blu-Ray's format victory.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?