Sunday, March 02, 2008

 
NOTHING'S ON, PART 2

Many thanks to everyone who suggested worthwhile tv shows. A mixed marriage such as mine (geek/non-geek) can present conflicts, but almost all of them are confined to who's holding the remote; and as long as the subject of Kirk and Spock don't come up, the household remains and peaceful one. We just had some friends over last night who face the same challenges--he a loyal member of the Federation, she with no patience for even a single Vulcan proverb or line of Klingon.
It occurred to me that Madame Toner and I might agree on this show, which I've been wanting to re-watch for years. I remember seeing daytime re-runs in the early 80s and thinking it was hilarious; I might not have the same feelings for it now, but it's worth checking out. A similar show was Carol Burnett, a series that I remember as being brilliant, though I don't know if I'd hold the same opinion today. But I can say with assurance that, while many comedians have parodied soap operas and will continue to do so in the future, no one nailed the genre to perfection like Burnett.
I haven't even read this blog of mine in a month, and it's nice to see that others posted in my absence. Keep up the good work, Team Toner!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?