Saturday, May 09, 2009

 
STAR TREK (3/4 stars)

This is to the Original Series what QUANTUM OF SOLACE was to GOLDFINGER. And I liked QUANTUM OF SOLACE. But I'm not sure we've evolved as a culture when QUANTUM OF SOLACE is what we get after standing on GOLDFINGER's shoulders for 40 years. Our culture's clearly gotten more bloodthirsty, but I'm not sure we've gotten classier. I often feel as if we've culturally exchanged Grand Marnier for a cocktail of PGA and Tang. The latter will get you drunk faster, but maybe drunk isn't the whole point.

But, overall, I pretty much liked it.

I miss this stuff...


In other news, I'm vaguely on the run. Amazing wackiness has happened (write to me for details if you're actually curious) that's slowed down my filmgoing. No legal trouble or health trouble (for me) or job trouble. But for many reasons, the Circus of Doctor Lao is putting its tent pegs back down at Toner Low for a while.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?