Friday, July 03, 2009

 
THANKS, DARWIN

As if to put a cold, dark period on the fulfillment of my evolutionary purpose, my health took a dive around the time that the new guy was born; I developed a painful, ugly sore on my eyelid (and all you ladies out there who are into puss-filled boils, let me tell you, it made me look hot), then I caught one of the many, many diseases that has been circulating throughout New York lately. This one appears to be a bacterial infection of the throat--whoopee. The sore's better and the throat is on the mend thanks to antibiotics, but still, natural selection has made its point; having now produced two offspring and thereby extended my genetic material into the next generation, I can now begin my slow shamble toward the elephant graveyard. Let's hope they have cable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?